2010-11-26

Besked från Barcelona

Dear everyone

First of all, I would like to thank you for all your kind e-mails and phone calls of sympathy. Receiving them has been really comforting. These have been hard days for me, but much, much harder for the family. I have been transmitting them your condolences and support. I’m sure that they feel a bit better knowing how much you cared about late Dr Manuela.

The most asked question has been what will happen to the Foundation now. Of course, the trustees were the first to be informed, and they will meet shortly. There are many things to take care of right now, and all of us are doing our best.

Some of you have asked what will happen with your children. I understand your uneasiness, and in fact, this has been one of my priorities these last weeks. The DHA-EE individual doses are being prepared now by Mss Guevara, who used to prepare them with Dr Martinez until last summer, and me. Furthermore, as some of you will know by now, I’ve been organizing all the shipments both during Manuela’s illness and after her demise, and I am going to keep doing so.

Many of you also know that I’m not a medical doctor. Regrettably, that means that I can not assume the responsibility for performing the regular health checks of your children, nor for the diagnostic and following up of other children suffering from this spectrum of diseases in the future. Dr Martinez knew it, and so, she had contacted other physicians, as some of you also mentioned. Therefore, I really hope this problem is sorted out promptly after the meeting of the trustees.

Thanks again for your support and understanding,

Best regards

Natalia Ichaso


Natalia Ichaso, PhD
Manuela Martinez Foundation for
Children with Metabolic Diseases
Plaza Karl Marx 1
08042 Barcelona
Spain
Tel:+34 934278357
e-mail: nichas.fmm@gmail.com

Inga kommentarer: